Thames Turbo is now StarMark and Club Mark accredited
Months of hard work behind the scenes by the Thames Turbo committee has resulted in us being awarded both the Star Mark and the Club Mark accreditation.
Triathlon clubs in England and Wales can work towards achieving one of a number of recognised standards. These standards establish that the club is operating to best practice and is a safe and effective place to take part in triathlon. The benefits of becoming accredited are:
- Clubmark Acknowledgment that the club meets the needs and demands of athletes
- Increased revenue opportunities from new members and/or events and local funding streams
- Safe and effective training and competition environment.
- British Triathlon qualified coaches
- Clear club structures
There are three accreditation schemes available in England and Wales:
- Un, Dau, TRI (Junior clubs in Wales)
- Clubmark (Junior clubs in England)
- STAR (Senior clubs in England and Wales)
The common principles of the accreditation schemes are to enhance the club by providing a clear structure and pathway for club development. Obtaining the accreditation scheme will signify that the club has satisfactorily met a minimum level of standards recognised by triathletes, parents, coaches, Welsh Triathlon, Triathlon England and British Triathlon as a quality Triathlon Club.
More information can be found on the British Triathlon website.